A memorial plaque dedicated to the postal workers at Woodford Green who died in the First World War was erected by fellow comrades and friends in July 1920. The Plaque was unveiled by Brigadier Colwin and dedicated by the Vicar of All Saints Church. Underneath the plaque is a hand written dedication with the signatures of those who attended the memorial’s unveiling.
Constructed in metal, names of the ten employees are presented in relief. It features a lion at the very top, with a crown underneath in middle of the dates of the First World War. It was located on the wall of the enquiry office, formerly the Post Office Counter area.
When Woodford Post Office closed in September 2014, the plaque was moved to the Royal Mail sorting complex at Debden, Essex.