Four members of the mission of Wesleyan Methodist Mission Chapel (formerly of Perrymans Farm Road) are commemorated on a brass plaque displayed within the church.
The Church was sold as part of a scheme to raise funds for a new church which was built in Oaks Lane in 1934 and called Newbury Park Methodist Church. It is thought that the memorial was moved to its new location around this time, but it was never put on display in the new church. The memorial was rediscovered sometime after the last service was held in 2005 and the building was finally sold in 2007. The whereabouts of the memorial is currently unknown.
Based on information kindly supplied by former mission member Peter Butt, 2015.
A History of the County of Essex: Volume 5. 1966