The Honour Roll at Goodmayes Congregational Church commemorates 57 men of the congregation who served and returned from the First World War. It takes the form of a wooden panel, with an epitaph at the top and three columns of names below, in gold lettering.
In 1969, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (on Goodmayes Road) merged with Goodmayes Congregational Church (Broomhill Road). It was decided that the new church would be based on Broomhill Road and renamed St. Andrew’s United Reformed Church.
As a result of declining congregation numbers, St. Andrew’s United Reformed Church closed its doors on the 8th October 2006 and the building was demolished the following year. This memorial is currently under the care of the Thames North Synod of the United Reformed Church, within their Trust Archive.
The History of St. Andrew’s United Reformed Church, Goodmayes 1902-1998 by Trevor Cottrell (at Redbridge Information and Heritage)
Information kindly provided by:
Reverend David Skipp of the Thames North Synod Office
Trevor Cottrell, former member and Elder of St. Andrew’s United Reformed Church